Join us for the first Dundee Etsy Team Mini Summit!
The Dundee Etsy Team has had a fantastic first year, from our wee meet-ups to our first Etsy Made Local which was a huge success, it's been great to see our community grow. Earlier this year our team Co-Captain Jennifer Clarke represented us at the 2019 Etsy Team Captains' Summit, which was a fab weekend of learning, networking and cake! Now we're bringing a mini version of this experience to Dundee which you won't want to miss. Tickets are limited so everyone attending can get the most from the experience.
The Dundee Etsy Mini Team Summit will be held at the lovely Tilted Duck Vintage on Sunday 20th October from 11.30am-3.30pm. It's going to be a jam-packed event, perfect for those already selling on Etsy! Here's what you can expect:
After a quick welcome and goody bags, we'll start the day with an official Etsy UK presentation by our Co-Captain Jennifer. This is direct from HQ and filled with info on Etsy changes and tips on how to make the most of them.
Next up you'll be split into three groups to take part in the first of our three taster workshops. This will be followed by a delicious buffet lunch from Marwick's Vegan Kitchen with a chance to chat and catch up with everyone. After lunch, you'll switch to the next workshop, have a quick tea and cake break, then complete your third mini workshop. Read more about our three wonderful workshops below:
🧡 Introduction to Product Photography with Jilly Noble
- In this session Jilly will cover the essential types of product photos, photography styling techniques and basic editing. Please bring along a product and some prop ideas to make the most of this workshop!
- As well as running Jillyjilly, our Team Co-Captain Jilly Noble has previously been selected as an Etsy mentor and trained to be an Etsy Educator in 2017. Jilly also runs a lifestyle photography business (www.lifestylephoto.studio).
🧡 Beginners Social Media with Falda Johnson
- In this workshop Falda will cover the platforms you should be using and how to use them, how to increase engagement and content creation ideas.
- Falda runs a digital marketing and social media management business - Mafalda Media. She recently set up an Etsy shop for her social media planner printables.
🧡 Shop Aesthetics with Jennifer Clarke
- An introduction to optimising your shop's appearance. Learn how to use basic free design tools and Etsy guidelines to make your shop look cohesive and fit your brand
- Jennifer runs SPILTHdesign and is instantly recognisable for her iconic personal style. She works in marketing at the colourful brand Molke where she has also designed bold fabrics synonymous with their aesthetic.
📌 Please let us know of any dietary requirements and remember to bring a product along! If you have any questions just get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in our Facebook group.
Tickets via Eventbrite (£9.50 early bird, £13 standard)
The Dundee Etsy Team is run by a group of volunteers to help offer support for local Etsy sellers. Since launching in early 2018, we’ve been working on creating a space for like-minded creatives to share feedback & experiences as well as organise events that help our businesses grow.